Lauree, Diplomi e Esperienze di Insegnamento
2013-2014: University of Leeds
Centre for Translation Studies. MA Audio-Visual Translation Studies.
2009-2012: University of Bologna, Forlì, Italy.
• Methods & Approaches in Translation Studies
• Specialised Translation Italian-English • Computers and the Translator
Advanced School of Modern Languages for Interpreters and Translators. BA (final mark 102/110) Mediazione Linguistica Interculturale (Cultural and Language Mediation).
Work and Professional Experience
• January 2016-now: English teacher at Sprachcaffè, Florence
Skills gained: I’ve been developing and strengthening effective skills in English teaching while offering my personal approach to the language both from a didactical and methodological perspective.
Job: daily preparation of lessons, use of audiovisual materials, preliminary examinations to assess skills acquired with final task, teaching techniques for the self-development of glossaries and the various strategies on how to master language-specific areas (speaking, listening, reading and writing).
• september-october 2015: English teacher at School of European Design (IED) – 60 hours Skills gained: I have developed excellent skills in the teaching of English, bringing my personal touch on how to approach the langugage in a new active way. The kids I taught were mostly graduates. Feedback from the students on the course was excellent, with an average score of 4,5/5.
Job: daily preparation of lessons, use of audiovisual materials, preliminary examinations to assess skills acquired with final task (FCE style), teaching techniques for the self-development of glossaries and the various strategies on how to master language-specific areas (speaking, listening, reading and writing).
• June 2013 Interpreter: Studio Forenix, Padua, Italy
Skills gained: I developed proficient communication skills by acting as an intermediary with parties and got a feeling of what an experience on field is like. I also developed extensive knowledge on wine and oil making, learned how to manage stress in difficult situations and I demonstrated flexibility and adaptability. Job: I interpreted a wide range of business negotiations focused on oil and wine sale.
• February 2013 ESL-Prolog Language School, Berlin, Germany: Certificate for attending 5-week
intensive German course. Level B2/C1 and TELC C1 certificate in German;
• October 2012 TOEFL achievement. Final score: 102/120 (reading 28/30, listening 18/30, speaking
27/30, writing 29/30) ;
• July-August 2012 International Summer School, Germersheim, Germany: Certificate in Translation