Each lesson will be tailored to build upon your current skill level in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. As we proceed, I will give you more challenging activities to do so your language skills will continue to improve.
Classes are full immersion English. Italian is only spoken only to clarify or define words.
This is so that the you can listen to the correct pronunciation of a word, practice speaking it, and work towards language fluency through their own production of the word.
New vocabulary words will be introduced to increase your reading and comprehension skills. Your writing skills will be strengthened by learning to apply the grammar and sentence structure rules.
This method has been proven to be the easiest and quickest way to learn English. Come prepared to learn.
Are you ready to be a global English learner?
HI! My name is Noreen. I am a certified American (mother tongue) Elementary School teacher that has completed the TESOL program. I have 23 years’ experience working in various positions within several large American corporations. About 1 year ago, I moved to Bologna to teach Business English at a large manufacturing firm. My students range from intermediate through advanced level management and non-management employees.
With this experience, I would be a great candidate to teach both the professional conducts business internationally and the University student. For the professional, I can help strengthen the English skills that you need to be successful, confident, and effectively express your ideas at your job. For the University student who is thinking about entering the International Business world after graduation, I can help you begin to build the necessary vocabulary you will use in the many different areas of business and explain some of those hard to understand words.
I am available to give lessons to individuals or groups in a specified location, your home, or by SKYPE.
All lessons will be personalized after initial meeting.
Package pricing for face-to-face with travel included:
1 hour for 25 euro
5 hours for 115euro
10 hours for 200 euro
Package pricing for Skype/Zoom/Webex is as follows:
1 hour for 22 euro
5 hours for 100 euro
10 hours for 180 euro
All payment must be paid before class begins.
Email: (informazione nascosta) Bologna, Italy Mobile: +39 (informazione nascosta)
Kennesaw State University Kennesaw, Ga May 2017
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Magna Cum Laude (GPA: 3.87); Reading and ESOL Endorsements
Hartford College for Women
Associates Degree in Liberal Arts Hartford, Connecticut May 1981
GA Certification of Eligibility Id #: 1305451 Effective: 05/10/2017 through 06/30/2022
GACE English to Speakers of Other Languages I and II Level: Professional Date Passed: December 2014
TESOL Certification thru Kennesaw State University Continuing Education Certification: June 2014
On KSU’s President’s List (Fall 2015) and Dean’s List (Spring 2015)
The Dawson Group, Bologna, Italy March 2018-Present
• Provided Business English lessons to executive and employees of a major manufacturing firm, face-to-face and online
• Classrooms were 1:1 or 1: many
• Levels were pre-intermediate through advanced
• Business concepts taught through interesting and motivating conversations centered around a relevant topic
• Each lesson incorporated the practice of speaking with fluency, reading/listening for comprehension, and business writing skills
• Referenced examples from situations throughout my 25 years of experience in the corporate world to establish context
• Cross-cultural training to help student become comfortable, confident, effective, positive, and successful in their daily interactions
Yearlong Clinical Experience I and II through Kennesaw State University Fall 2016/Spring 2017
Sweet Apple Elementary School, Grade 1; and ESOL classroom
• Daily routine responsibilities: checks daily folders for notes from or to parents, completed homework, and signed papers; cuing up announcements; leading students to and from specials, lunch, recess, and dismissal
• Teaching four small groups in ELA and Math daily
• Creating and teaching lessons in Math, ELA, Science, and Social Studies as required by Kennesaw State University
• Attending sub-team planning for Math, team meetings for other subjects, PLC meetings, and staff meetings
• Correcting papers, collecting data on pre-tests for grouping, administering tests as needed
• Helping with administering STAR Math and STAR Reading testing, reviewing scores, and helping create groups accordingly
• Worked with ESL students in Math (push-in) and Reading (pull out)
Private Tutor for student from Kindergarten through 9th grade September 2016-December 2017
• Tutored 8th and 9th grade students in Algebra
• Tutored 4th grade student in Math, Language Arts, and preparation for GA Milestone testing
• Tutored Kindergartener in Reading and Phonics
Fulton County School System Substitute Teacher (Kindergarten through 8th grade) February 2015-December 2017
• Arrives on time and follows prescribed signs in and sign out as prescribed
• Treats students in a thoughtful, caring, and professional manner while maintaining environment conducive to learning
• Manage classroom and provided instructions according to plans as prepared by classroom teacher
• Familiarity with all subjects and multiple pedagogical methods of instruction
North Fulton Community Charities January 2013-December 2017
English as a Second Language Teacher, Adult Level 1 and 2
• Provide English instruction to limited English proficient adult students
• Creates opportunities for interactive and cooperative learning
• Provides on-going feedback to students including formative and summative assessments
• Analyzes student’s progress, identify areas of improvement, and develops/implements lessons based on student’s need
• Solid working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Seesaw, Toontastic, ShadowPuppets, Tellagomi, and Chatterpix
Professional References Given Upon Request
Noreen è un insegnante favolosa!
Io prendo lezioni da lei da maggio e ho fatto dei grandissimi passi in avanti.
Mi ha messo a mio agio fin da subito e con lei sono riuscita a sbloccarmi perché non riuscivo a conversare in inglese per paura di sbagliare.
È un insegnante che corregge con amore.
Io ve la consiglio perché è davvero molto brava.
Noreen è favolosa!
Prendo lezioni da lei da maggio più o meno, ed ogni volta vado con tanta voglia di imparare e torno a casa con una grande soddisfazione personale!
Il mio problema con l’inglese è il parlarlo, in passato mi bloccavo, ma da quando prendo lezioni con Noreen ho finalmente superato questo ostacolo perché lei non solo è brava ma mi mette a mio agio...anche se sbaglio mi corregge con amore e questo per me è molto importante!
Ormai dopo le lezioni mentre le do’ un passaggio a casa parliamo solo in inglese e posso dire sono migliorata tantissimo.
Io ve la consiglio perché per me è una super teacher!
Noreen la conosco personalmente, persona estremamente corretta! Ed onesta! È poi è una vera Americana di sani principi !!!
lezioni d'inglese vicino a casa tua? Ecco una selezione di annunci di insegnanti che potrebbero accompagnarti. Superprof può anche proporti lezioni di comprensione scritta - inglese come complemento. Imparare non è più un problema, lezioni di comprensione orale - inglese per tutti! Seguire lezioni d'espressione orale - inglese non è mai stato così facile : amerai sviluppare delle nuove conoscenze.
|A casa sua||A casa tua||Via webcam|