An innovative and conscientious Qualified Languages Teacher and Translator with 11+ years’ international work experience (7 years in London) teaching English, Italian and Spanish 1:1 and group courses to students of all ages, backgrounds and language levels.
My lessons are student-centred, interactive, stimulating and enable students to become spontaneous and fluent language speakers. I place high value on mutual respect, cooperation, active participation and the use of humour.
I hold a VAT Registration Number (Partita IVA).
• Gained an English QTS (Qualified Teaching Status) from the University of London, U.K.
• Taught 1:1 and group courses to international students for 7 years in London, U.K.
• Successfully conceived and delivered an English language workshop at the University of Cranfield, U.K., based on Jean-Pol Martin’s “Learning by Teaching” method.
Over the last 11+ years, of which 7 in London, I have planned and delivered student-centred language courses and taught highly interactive one-to-one and group lessons to students aged between 7 and 65, aiming at preparing them for academic examinations (GCSE, A-levels, IB, TEFL, IELTS, University), travel and business.
I have also:
- organised educational meet-ups in London, Spain and Italy to enhance cultural experience and raise motivation.
- created my own bank of authentic resources (short films, newspaper articles, language games) across all languages I teach.
- translated, copy-edited and proofread university assignments and dissertations from and into Italian, English, Spanish and Romanian.
Da concordare con lo studente.
Da concordare con lo studente.
Possiedo una laurea triennale in Mediazione linguistica e culturale e l'Abilitazione all'Insegnamento Inglese (PGCE) ottenuta presso il Institute of Education - University of London - nel 2012.
2011 - 2012: The Institute of Education, U. of London
Secondary Post-Graduate Certificate in Education
Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish, Italian, French)
• Took part in lectures and workshops run by experts in Education (Dylan Wiliam - expert in Formative Assessment)
• Carried out research on how to implement drama activities in the curriculum of KS3 and KS4 mixed ability groups of learners.
2007 - 2010: Università degli Studi di Milano
Bachelor's Degree in "Language mediation and intercultural communication"
• Languages and cultures studied: English and Spanish
• Modules included: Specialised translation from/into Italian, English and Spanish; Italian linguistics; Italian as a Foreign Language
• Dissertation: “Going global, communicating local”
Topic: Translation and Localisation of Web Sites, with a comparative case study of Kellogg’s Spanish, Mexican and North American Web Sites.
Cerasela is a fantastic teacher. She is very calm and accurate and tries to push you to do your best and provides all the support and materials you need to achieve your goals. Her lessons are always interesting and cover all the aspects (for example speaking, listening, vocabulary etc.) of the language that you study (in my case English) in order to upgrade your level. She also focuses on mistakes in a positive way so that you do not repeat them. I am improving at a fast pace with her and now I am able to speak in English with more fluency and use more complex vocabulary and structures. I would definitely recommend her and I am very happy to have Cerasela as an English teacher.
Cerasela is a passionate teacher who teaches with great enthusiasm and professionalism. Using a lot of humour and creating a relaxed atmosphere, she allowed me to improve my English language level in a pleasant and effective way. Although I initially thought the fact she could speak Italian was not going to be a good idea, in the very first lesson she proved me this could only further facilitate my learning process, not only because she could spot the most common mistakes Italians make but also because she was able to target those exact differences in grammar structures/expressions and explain them straightforwardly. Compared to other teachers I have had, she also avoided the use of a classic textbook and adapted her teaching to what I really needed in order to fill my knowledge gaps. She particularly focused on listening and understanding through the use of blogs, podcasts, online news, song lyrics, TV series and books. In addition, each lesson always started with a revision activity focusing on the notions previously learned, which enabled me to correct my mistakes and progress very quickly.
Furthermore, she has helped me become more confident when communicating with colleagues, simulating work-related presentations and meetings with my manager.
For all the above reasons I would enthusiastically recommend Cerasela to any language learner.
lezioni d'inglese vicino a casa tua? Ecco una selezione di annunci di insegnanti che potrebbero accompagnarti. Superprof può anche proporti lezioni d'italiano lingua straniera come complemento. Imparare non è più un problema, lezioni di spagnolo per tutti!
|A casa sua||A casa tua||Via webcam|